Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shared Topic: What spell would you most want?

Every week, Blog Azeroth proposes a Shared Topic for World of Warcraft bloggers to discuss. This week’s topic was proposed by Arvash.
In the new Mist of Pandaria expansion, Druids will be getting a new spell called Symbiosis, which will allow them to “trade” a spell with another player, based on the player’s class and combat role and the Druid’s specialization.
So my question is, if you could have any spell you want from any other class, current spells or new ones in MoP, what would it be? How would you work it into your rotation, gameplay, etc.?
This one's easy.

 Bladestorm

 It doesn't bother me that my favorite Warrior blog recommends Dragon Roar for Arms Warriors in 5.0.4; I was most excited when the new talents dropped because I could choose to Bladestorm in any Warrior spec. Maybe,I thought, I'd enjoy playing my Prot off-spec more if I could Bladestorm as well (Warrior tanking lacks the visceral satisfaction for me that Paladin tanking has. I'm easily entertained by clangy shield noises).

I even feel sort of compelled to type Bladestorm in bold the same way I like to write silly macros to go along with it. I know that /say or /yelling kind of corny and potentially irritating, so I keep a seperate button for the macro'd ability to bring out only when it's going to be entertaining. My gnome warrior, Lexifrazz, has some things like

"Wheeee, I'm spinning!"
"Help, I think I'm going to be sick!"

And, with all apologies and royalties paid to this guy:


STICK AROUND

GNOOOMEEESTOOORM

 Yeah, I know. And I'm not sorry, either.

What if other classes could steal or borrow the magnificence that is Bladestorm? If my mage could whirl around in a fit of Arcane fury, I'd give her a MH weapon and offhand book, always. Just so she could /yell things like "I TOLD you to be quiet in the library!" If I could Warlockstorm, I'd be sad if I couldn't have Fel Reaver Approaching warning klaxons when I did.

(Warlocks are already pretty cool; I'm not sure they need to be cooler ;) )

Priest-storm? I think it'd be best in Holy, if the animations involved pitching Lightwells at people with pinball machine effects. Pingpingping.

Death Knight Runeblade-storm? Cool and appropriate. First person to macro /yell AAAAPOOCALYYPSE gets a noogie.

Oh heck, who am I kidding? That person would be me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. First of all I would like to say what a great site you have. scary games for kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete